Varietal: 65% malbec 20% Cabernet Sauvignon 10% Syrah 5% Merlot
Vineyards: Domaine’s own vineyards in Tupungato, Alto Gualtallary, 1200 meters (4000 feet) above sea level.
Type of Soil: Gravel and sand
Harvest Process: Manually on the third week of April.
Fermentation: With selected yeasts and temperatures fermentation at 25 to 28 ª C for 2 weeks.
Ageing: For 15 to 18 months in new French oak 400 liter capacity
Age of Vineyard : 11 years
- Grapes were hand-picked and carefully hand-sorted.
- Fermentation in French oak barrels with selected yeast during 12 days at a controlled temperature up to 30ºc.
- Post fermentation maceration at 10ºc lasting 20 days.
- Quick but soft pressing of grape skins.
- All lots were aged for 16 months in new French oak barrels.
Eye: Dark reddish purple color
Nose: Intense nose of red berry fruit mixed with sweet spice.
Mouth: Open-knit, elegant in style, with lots of mineral, cherrry and currant fruit. Bright acidity keeps it refreshing through the ¬nish. The palate is packed with ripe, oncentrated fruit avors with notes of tobacco and black pepper. A long and structured ¬nish with ¬ne tannins.
Food Pairing: Eat with pasta dishes, red meat, and meat with sauces.
- SKU: 6
- Category: Ameri Icon Wine.